torsdag den 27. september 2012

Delicious and healthy breakfast!

In Irma they have one of the most delicious porridge blends I've tasted. In fact, I have never liked porridge until I tasted this, mainly because of the soft / boiled porridge consistency can sometimes have. but this is different, it contains dried fruit, chopped nuts and large ota flakes, which helps to make the texture quite different than the porridge I've tasted in the past

The wide range of Irma's porridge mixtures


With so many different porridge mixes it's hard to choose. I ended up choosing choose porridge mixture 1: spelled flakes, cranberries, cherries, currants, almonds and rice. This is the one I like the best!

Blend no. 1
(Price: 39 DKK)




The other porridge blends


Today I served mine with blueberries, honey and hazelnuts. But I have also tried with many other options like frozen berries from the supermarket, fresh apples and pears. I think most fruit works very well with the porridge and gives it a fresh and fruity taste. sometimes I cook the berries/fruit with the blend when I heat the mixture up and sometimes its only for the final topping. Make your own version based on your taste. 

Enjoy!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar